TYPO3 is one of the best open-source CMSs currently available and offers a wide range of functionalities.
The use of TYPO3 for the creation of websites and portals offers considerable advantages, among which are the following:
- simplicity and flexibility in the management of content, thanks to simple interfaces that do not require technical skills
- high reliability of the system, which is used and tested by thousands of users around the world
- simplicity and strength of the mechanisms for user management
- simplicity of the management mechanisms for the various functions provided
- high potential for future developments of the portal, thanks to the large amount of Typo3 extensions existing and being developed (for example: multi-language portals, multi-channel functions to convey the same content on different means such as cell phones, palmtops, PCs, e-commerce applications, online forums, direct mailing systems, etc.).
The features of TYPO3 listed above allow to significantly reduce the ordinary and extraordinary management costs of the portal (editorial management of content, management of users and rights, changing the configuration of the functionalities), to reduce costs for the activation of new functionalities present among the TYPO3 extensions, and to reduce the costs for any revision of the graphics of the portal.
TYPO3 is issued free of charge with an open-source GPL license, is constantly updated and is stable and safe, thanks to the community of more than 60,000 developers distributed over 80 countries throughout the world. It is estimated that there are more than 200,000 installations of TYPO3 worldwide.